Friday 9 November 2012

A teenage girl is a teenage girl is a teenage girl...

Selma and I had lunch at the mall today. Sitting at the table next to ours were three Hungarian teenage girls. Teenage girls behaviour is clearly a worldwide phenomenon. They giggle all the time. No, seriously, ALL the time. Whisper. Giggle. Gossip. More giggle. Giggle so much they can hardly speak. Selma was completely mesmerised by these girls. She couldn't stop staring at them. Which, of course, only made them giggle more. And I whispered to my baby girl; ¨Trust me, that will be you one day. That used to be mommy and that will be you.¨ And I remembered how annoying my bestie Jenny-Jen and I were. Oh, poor parents who had to put up with our constant giggling, gossiping and hours on the phone with each other. Cuz that's what teenage girls do. And I hope I remember that when it's Selma's turn to giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...